Business Information Technology - Business Software Specialist
The curriculum prepares students to apply commonly used computer applications to business tasks; for example, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation graphics, databases, email, Internet research, and content management. Emphasis is on the use of computer systems to collaborate with others to solve business problems.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Analyze business problems, and then design and use appropriate technology to effectively, accurately, and coherently communicate solutions.
- Develop creative methods for applying technology to solve business problems.
- Employ technological tools to expedite workflow within an organization.
- Identify and demonstrate professional work behaviors and personal qualities needed to be employable.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 22
- BIT 011 - Business Document Processing (2)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
- BIT 106 - Business Software-Introduction to Microsoft Office System (3)
- BIT 107 - Business Software-Windows (1)
- BIT 128 - Business Software-Microsoft Word (2)
- BIT 105 - Business Software-Microsoft Access (2)
- BIT 108 - Microsoft Outlook and Productivity Tools (1)
- BIT 109 - Business Software-Microsoft PowerPoint (2)
- BIT 117 - Collaborative Web-Based Workspaces (1)
- BIT 122 - Internet Research for Business (1)
- BIT 125 - Business Software Integration (2)
- BIT 133 - Business Software-Microsoft Excel (2)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.