Computer Information Systems - Computer Retail Sales & Support
The Computer Retail Sales and Support Certificate of Achievement is the first stage of the statewide IT Technician pathway and prepares students to develop their fundamental IT Technician Skills. While completing coursework in customer service, communication, Microsoft Office, and information systems coursework, along with earning the CompTIA A+ industry certification, students gain practical experience as they learn how to succeed in an IT retail environment. Upon completion of this program, students would be qualified for entry level IT positions such as Retail Salespersons, Customer Service Representatives, Retail Sales Workers, and Sales Representatives.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how networks of hardware, software, and communication technologies interact to create the foundation for productivity and efficiency in an organization or for an individual.
- Develop business documents using word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
- Troubleshoot computer systems (hardware and software) for end users.
4. Design an effective customer service strategy for an organization.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required Units: 19
- BUS 160 - Sales and Customer Service (3)
- BUS 009 - Introduction to Business (3)
- BUS 011A - Business Communications (3)
- BIT 025 - Survey of Computer Technology in Business (3)
or CIS 010 - Introduction to Information Systems (3)
- BIT 106 - Business Software-Introduction to Microsoft Office System (3)
- CIS 011 - Information and Communication Technology Essentials (4)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.