Computer Information Systems - Help Desk / User Support
This help desk / user support program prepares students with necessary skills to seek employment in help desk / user support in the field of Information Technology. Instruction includes training in computer hardware, software, Microsoft Windows server operating systems and Microsoft Windows client operating systems in a networked environment with an emphasis on Local Area Networks (LANs) and network security. Upon completion of coursework, students will have the foundation needed to pursue industry certifications including and not limited to CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, Cisco CCT Routing & Switching, Cisco CCNA CyberOps, and Microsoft MCSA Windows Server.
A Certificate of Achievement is awarded upon completion of all required courses with a grade of C or better.
- Explain the key concepts of help desk / user support in a variety of working environments and networking technologies and techniques.
- Apply skills needed to:
a. Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot hardware and software for a computer in a networked environment.
b. Implement and support basic enterprise network technologies.
c. Implement and support basic enterprise server technologies.
d. Implement and support basic enterprise network security technologies.
This program is designed to be completed in months.
This program will cost if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical graduate leaves with of debt.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: www.collegescorecard.ed.gov.
This program has not passed standards established by the U.S. Department of Education. The Department based these standards on the amounts students borrow for enrollment in this program and their reported earnings. If in the future the program does not pass the standards, students who are then enrolled may not be able to use federal student grants or loans to pay for the program, and may have to find other ways, such as private loans, to pay for the program.
Requirements for the Certificate of Achievement
Required units: 20-21
- CIS 011 - Information and Communication Technology Essentials (4)
- CIS 041 - CCNA: Introduction to Networks (3)
- CIS 042 - CCNA: Routing and Switching Essentials (3)
- CIS 045 - MCSA: Microsoft Windows System Administration (4)
- CIS 061 - Introduction to Information Systems Security (3)
Required Electives (Select 1 course, 3-4 units)
- CIS 012 - Introduction to Programming Using Python (3)
- CIS 031 - Introduction to Database Management Systems (3)
- CIS 040 - UNIX/LINUX Administration (3)
- CIS 063 - Introduction to Cybersecurity: Ethical Hacking (3)
- CIS 065 - Computer Forensics Fundamentals (3)
- CIS 146 - MCSA: Microsoft Windows System Administration (4)
- CIS 151 - VMWARE VSPHERE: Install, Configure, Manage (3)
- CIS 164 - CCNA: Enterprise Networking and Security (3)
Earn an Associate of Science Degree With Your Certificate of Achievement
An AS Degree prepares you with the unique skills needed to enter a specialized career field. Earned in conjunction with a Certificate of Achievement, it will open up further opportunities for career advancement.
To earn your AS degree, you will need to complete the general education requirements for an AS degree in addition to the above listed Certificate of Achievement Requirements.