Apply for Your Degree
Ready to get your associate degree from PCC? The first step is to have your requirements checked by a counselor to confirm that you qualify for your degree. Apply for your degree in Express Phone Counseling or PCC Connect or in a Phone/Video Counseling Appointment!
How to Apply for an Associate Degree
Apply for your degree after you register for your final classes. The deadlines to apply each term are listed below:
- Spring 2021: First deadline - April 30th
- Spring 2021: Second deadline - June 12th
- Summer 2021: August 13th
- Fall 2021: First deadline - November 13
- Fall 2021: Second deadline - December 13
* First deadline - For students who have attended another college/university & have not submitted all official transcripts to Admission (will need to submit as soon as possible)
** Second deadline - For students who have only PCC credits and no outside transcripts/credits. Or have attended another college/university & have submitted all official transcripts to Admission and records are viewable by PCC staff.
*** Please be advised that Admissions cannot award your degree until all official transcripts are received. How to Provide Transcripts to PCC.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the June 2020 commencement has been postponed.
Students completing a degree in Summer 2019, Fall 2019, and Spring 2020 will be eligible to participate in a June 2021 ceremony.
Postponement of the ceremony will not impact the awarding of your degree.
For more information, visit Commencement.
If you only have credits from PCC, you may request for a degree check or degree petition in one of the following ways:
- Express Phone Counseling
- PCC Connect
- Log into PCC Connect
- Use the "Raise My Hand" option
- Select I am Ready to Graduate (PCC Complete or Graduation)!
- Let us know:
- Which degrees(s) you are completing
- List the last classes needed to complete
- Provide your phone number
Watch our video to learn how to use the Raise My Hand feature.
After you raise your hand, you will be contacted by a member of our completion team with next steps and outcomes.
Processing time is about 2-4 weeks. As long as the request is submitted during the application period, your request will be reviewed. Thank you for your patience.
- If you have non-PCC credits, the counselor will refer you to a Phone/Video Counseling Appointment.
If you have non-PCC credits, you may request for a degree check or degree petition with a counselor in a Phone/Video Counseling Appointment.
Please have your unofficial transcripts ready as an electronic copy for your appointment (when printing from your college student portal, change your printer to PDF to save as an electronic copy or scan your unofficial transcripts as a PDF).
Please connect with counselors in your special program for assistance with a degree check or degree petition.
- Athletics Counseling
- African American Male Education Network Development (A2MEND)
- Academic Success & College Empowerment Network Design (ASCEND)
- Community Overcoming Recidivism through Education (CORE)
- Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS)
- Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
- Foster Youth
- Program for Academic Support Services (PASS)
- Parenting Students
- Puente Project
- Queer and Undocumented Empowerment Support to Thrive (QUEST)
- Veteran Services