Dear 2020 Graduate OR Prospective 2021 Graduate:
While specific details are still in development, we are working to create a wonderful drive through Commencement experience on June 12, 2021 for the classes of 2020 and 2021. While it won't be the traditional event of walking across a stage to receive your diploma or certificate, we are confident it will be just as memorable.
In order for you to participate in this very special event you must register in advance using the form below. For safety and logistical reasons, we will not be able to accommodate anyone who has not pre-registered. The deadline to register to participate in the Commencement Event is May 24, 2021.
If you are interested in purchasing your keepsake graduation cap and gown you can do so using this link.
Participation in this year’s Commencement will be according to your major division. For example, if you are a Sociology major you will participate with the Social & Behavioral Sciences Division. Each division will be assigned a specific time to attend.
As we get closer to the Commencement date, we will be sending more detailed information for your participation in the event.
Please be aware that in order to be eligible to participate in Commencement you must petition to graduate by May 22, 2021.
See https://pasadena.edu/academics/support/counseling/graduation/apply-for-graduation.php for more information about graduation requirements.
Please check the PCC Commencement page regularly to get the most up to date information about Commencement.
We are excited to celebrate your achievement and look forward to an exciting Commencement experience.
Dr. Rebecca Cobb
Dean of Student Life
Pasadena City College
Contact the Office of Student Life:
*If you do not have a permanent address to receive your cap & gown, please contact the Commencement Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to limited capacity we will only be able to accept 1200 vehicles to participate. Once we have reached that limit you will be placed on a waitlist and notified if space is available.
- Who can attend the Drive-through Commencement Celebration?
- This celebration is for the Class of 2020 and Class of 2021. Graduates from Summer 2019, Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2020, and Fall 2020, as well as Spring 2021 candidates (those who submitted Spring 2021 petitions) will be allowed to RSVP and attend the event.
- Does the Drive-through Commencement replace Commencement for both the Classes of 2020
- Yes, due to COVID-19 restrictions, an in-person, large commencement ceremony is not possible at this time.
- Can 2020 and 2021 graduates postpone and participate in the 2022 commencement ceremony
- Unfortunately, no. The Class of 2020 and Class of 2021 graduates will not be able to participate in the Class of 2022 graduation ceremony. There have been many tough decisions that have been made during this pandemic, including canceling an in-person ceremony. We look forward to seeing you on Saturday, June 12, 2021 for our Drive-through Commencement Celebration to acknowledge your achievement!
- Do I have to participate?
- No, it is not mandatory.
- Do I need to RSVP online to participate?
- Yes, you must complete the intent to participate form https://forms.gle/QMKKoeUz7HjayhVK6 in order to attend. (Please note you will receive information about the time-slot for your major or special program)
- How much is the cap & gown and do I have to pick it up on campus?
- The cost of a cap & gown with tassel is $50.
- Your cap & gown will be shipped directly to your home, therefore you do not need to pick it up on campus.
- Who do I contact if I need disability accommodations?
- You can contact DSP&S at 626-585-7127 or email them at email@example.com.
- What time does the Drive-through ceremony begin?
- Participation in this year’s Commencement will be according to your major division. For example, if you are a Sociology major you will participate with the Social & Behavioral Sciences Division. Each division will be assigned a specific time to attend.
- As we get closer to the Commencement date, we will be sending more detailed information for your participation in the event.
- What if i do not have access to a vehicle?
- Please contact Siria LoVett at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
- Can my friends and /or family follow in another vehicle?
- No, only one vehicle per graduate is allowed. Guests from the same household may join a graduate in their vehicle. Safety laws will apply, including maximum vehicle occupancy and everyone in each vehicle must be wearing an individual seat belt.
- Can I get out of my car at any point during the drive-through ceremony?
- No. Graduates must remain in their vehicles during the entire ceremony.
- Do I have to wear a face covering while in my vehicle?
- Yes, graduates and passengers are required to wear a face mask during any interaction with college faculty, staff, and volunteers and for the entire time you are on campus.
FACULTY, STAFF, & ADMINISTRATORS INFORMATION
In order to participate everyone will be required to complete the Intent to Participate Form that is listed below.
The deadline to complete the form to participate is May 21st.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions this year’s event will not be the traditional gathering on the field for a mass celebration. This year we are planning a unique drive through Commencement experience for our students.
The event will be held throughout the day on Saturday, June 12th, 2021. Student and faculty participation will be organized by division. Example: Social Sciences, Health Sciences and EOP&S event time may be 9am, English and Languages event time may be 4pm etc. More details will be forthcoming. Participation in Commencement is voluntary, however we hope the PCC campus community will come out to celebrate our students and make this Commencement a meaningful one.
We will adhere to all COVID-19 health and safety protocol throughout the event.
The deadline to order faculty attire is May 21, 2021 after that time the website will be closed. You can place your order using the link listed below.
Please contact Ms. Siria LoVett at email@example.com or 626-585-7385, if you have any questions.